Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Talk about other methods for increasing fuel efficiency.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Headquarters

New Headquarters 17 Sep 2012 14:10 #1

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
B) We're now COMPLETELY moved in to the new HQ in Hamilton MT, and I would like your input on a couple of things. As you consider, remember that The Gadgetman Groove is only the beginning!

1) We will be performing mods here, but at new levels. In order to work the greatest value for our clients, what equipment do you think we should have?

2) In our R&D Section, we have three large rooms. What technologies would you recommend we focus on first?

3) We will be inviting some folks in to demonstrate their technologies. Who do you recommend we contact first? (name and technology please. Gasoline and diesel BOTH!)

I want as many responses to this as possible, for it is our combined knowledge that is our greatest strength.

One thing more...

Have a GROOVY day!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: New Headquarters 17 Sep 2012 14:56 #2

• mob
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great stuff.

Id say some kind off cnc machine that can cut the flying shape.

Best off luck Markus

Re: New Headquarters 17 Sep 2012 15:24 #3

• TacomaKarl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
For the R&D side of things a combo emissions Dyno system. We're not in it for the HP (not right away, anyway) but that would be the definitive item that will give all the naysayers something to look at when they're saying No No No.

Welcome to the Great Northwest :)

Karl Fortner
Tacoma, Washington.

Re: New Headquarters 18 Sep 2012 01:10 #4

• dwight2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Research and development? I'm wondering if you shouldn't devote 1 room to showcasing how the groove works, might take some doin but maybe build a plenum of clear plastic and bolt a grooved throttle body to it , with a smoke machine on the inlet side and some manner of air coveyance on the other end so folks can observe the waveform the groove produces first hand, might even make a good video, no puter generation involved. They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Plus this would provide a chance to observe how the waveform changes under different throttle positions and vacuum potentials. One might even introduce an injector somewhere down stream(obviously injecting something besides gasoline), so the effects of the waveform on the fuel can also be clearly seen.

As far as research and development, it all depends on where you want to go, are you going to focus on specific parts of the engine and their contribution to efficiency and power , or do you want to build a whole new system?

Re: New Headquarters 18 Sep 2012 01:40 #5

• dwight2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thinkin about this some more, a good portion of the issues we have faced as consumers, with our vehicles, has been the changes made to the fuel, additives that have been added in the name of ecology, or for whatever reason, that have detracted from the overall efficiency of the internal combustion engine. Right now ethanol blended fuels are dropping gas mileage by 10-20%. Perhaps one of the objectives of this group should be to develop chemical additives that counter or replace what has been taken away from good fuel, and accentuate the properties of the groove in producing power as well as economy.

Re: New Headquarters 18 Sep 2012 14:06 #6

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The Plan is to develop parts and adjustments that will aid in our quest for better mileage.

While my focus is on gasoline engine operations, we will also be doing diesel work. That is, when I can find a brilliant diesel guy who can help me understand their operations!

And developing any chemistry here is probably not going to happen. That feels like a nasty little trip. I think we have too many chemicals in our environment as it is! That being said, ANYTHING that ANYBODY has that will help in our quest to relieve the burden of fossil fuels, I WANT IT!!!

So, this will be a place for people to complete their development as well. My plan is to share the facility with those who need a little help to complete their projects. A place where we can make ANYTHING happen.

Re: New Headquarters 07 Oct 2012 15:13 #7

• Maina
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm working on a few things/products with a friend from Florida. Will keep you posted.

Re: New Headquarters 19 Mar 2013 03:02 #8

• Dries Fourie
  • Adventurer
  • Adventurer
  • Thank you received: 7
Ron, reading dwight2 comments I got to thinking at that point where he mentioned the possible vid on the wave form at different throttle plate openings - is that the only form/principle we have for an opening for air intake? Is there no way we can keep the throttle plate in the most efficient (GadgetmanGroove) position + increase air intake? Nothing is impossible hey!

Re: New Headquarters 19 Mar 2013 06:23 #9

• Ron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I hadn't thought of that, Dries.

The ideas coming here (as the clear plastic tube with smoke) have been in the back of my mind, and will probably be acted on once we get the center here operational.

But as the standard engine is variable speed, I can't really see the need for an "optimum position". Actually, I don't believe we'll find a single position that works on all engines. Too many variables.

Ron

Re: New Headquarters 21 Mar 2013 00:40 #10

• GadgetmanCR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron,

Along the lines of what Markus is saying (CNC machine), I'd recommend a 3D printer. The higher end ones work with powdered metals, etc. and not just plastic. They are going to completely and radically change how things are made and having one would allow you, among other things, to print out TB's with the groove exactly where you want it, no cutting needed, and allow you to print out new parts that have never existed before, and which might not have even been possible with traditional machining.

Re: New Headquarters 21 Mar 2013 16:42 #11

• GadgetmanCR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron,

If you haven't already looked into 3D printing, here's a reasonably good introductory video on the topic. Solutions: 3D Printing (video) | The Corbett Report

New Headquarters 22 Mar 2013 21:37 #12

• Mark Bachelder
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ron - I appreciate you putting this question out to all of us.

This is a costly item I am sure - but what about a dynamometer? It would be a good way to test quickly for performance results.

I understand that you already have pretty good exhaust analyzer. If you are working with deisels - is there an easy way to test for particulates? Improvements in the area would have big impact on the market. Here in California we have new, very high standards for low particulates, and it is a good thing - particulates are pretty hard on people with respiratory problems, and one of the barriers to calling for greater use of this fuel in automobiles. Biodiesel from many different feedstocks are promising - and have the potential of getting very close to carbon neutral. I am a particular fan of algae as way to get the lipids to make biodiesel from, and common sewage can be well-treated in algae ponds - we get multiple benefits from this strategy. Clean water and clean energy.

• Page: